Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Instead of clamping down on teen vaping or socking it to Juul, a total vape flavor ban would shut down more than 14,000 small businesses and put at least 166,000 people out of work, while denying millions of Americans access to the tools they used to quit smoking.
- E-cigarettes are known to be at least 95 percent safer than combustible cigarettes. If every smoker in America switched to vaping, as many as 6.6 million lives could be saved over the next decade.
- Additionally, a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found e-cigarettes to be almost twice as effective as traditional nicotine replacement therapies at helping smokers quit.
- The consequences of banning flavors are as obvious as they are tragic. Analyzing the potential effects of different tobacco flavor bans, researchers at the Yale School of Public Health concluded that banning e-cigarette flavors would result in more smoking.
- Citation: Guy Bentley, November 28, 2019, The Pueblo Chieftain