Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To the extent that dual users substantially lower the number of cigarettes, they will reduce health risks from smoking. However, from a medical point of view, exclusive vaping is preferable to dual use;
- Differences between dual users and switchers center around variables proximal to the vaping behavior and its experienced effects rather than hinging on more general vaping-related beliefs and attitudes.
- After e-cig initiation, dual users decreased tobacco consumption by 82% and were low-to-moderately cigarette dependent.
- The two groups (dual users and switchers) reported mostly using a flavor other than tobacco.
- PDF Version
- Citation: Adriaens K, Van Gucht D, Baeyens F. Differences between Dual Users and Switchers Center around Vaping Behavior and Its Experiences Rather than Beliefs and Attitudes. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017 Dec 23;15(1):12. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15010012. PMID: 29295483; PMCID: PMC5800112.