From Safer nicotine wiki
- The article presents a mini-review of studies on TS and depression over the past 25 years.
- It summarizes the studies on the behavioral biology of the basal ganglia and its neurotransmitters.
- It describes research with TS patients to evaluate the therapeutics of nicotine and mecamylamine.
- PDF Version
- Citation: Sanberg, P. R., Vindrola-Padros, C., & Shytle, R. D. (2012). Translating laboratory discovery to the clinic: From nicotine and mecamylamine to Tourette’s, depression, and beyond. Physiology & Behavior, 107(5), 801–808. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2012.06.023
- Acknowledgement: Paul R. Sanberg and R. Douglas Shytle are inventors on patents related to technology described herein and licensed from the University of South Florida to Targacept, Inc. Because of the historical nature of this article, the authors included a number of self-citations required for a chronological discussion.