Personal details Name: Konstantinos Farsalinos, MD, MPH
Date and place of birth: 21 March 1975, Lamia, Greece
Family status: Married
Citizenship: Greek Tel nr: +306977454837 E-mail: email@example.com Website: http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php
Physician, Public Health scientist, expert on smoking and tobacco harm reduction.
- Adjunct Professor, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Patras, Greece.
- Senior Researcher, School of Public Health, Department of Public and Community Health, University of West Attica, Greece
- Senior Researcher, Data & Media Lab, University of Peloponnese, Greece. Education-Training-Medical practice
- 1992-1998: Medicine, 3rd Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2000: GP training at Lamia General Hospital, equivalent to S.H.O. grade (3 months)
- 2000-2002: GP-equivalent practice at rural area of Martino and health center of Atalanti (18 months).
- 2002-2004: Resident in department of Internal Medicine, Kastoria General Hospital (2 years training in Internal Medicine).
- 2004-2005: Fellow in department of Internal Medicine-Cardiology clinic, Kastoria General Hospital (16 months, duties equivalent to resident).
- 2006-2007: Military service, working as a physician in military camps in the island of Kos and in Kastoria (9 months).
- 2007-2008: Resident in Cardiology, Cardiology Clinic of Sitia General Hospital-Crete (7 months).
- 2008-2011: Resident in Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center-Athens Greece (41 months, completed my training in cardiology).
- 2011-2020: Research fellow, department of Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center.
- 2013-2014: Clinical Observer and Researcher, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical Imaging Research Center, University Hospital Gathuisberg, Leuven-Belgium.
- 2014-present: Senior Researcher, Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Patras, Greece
- 2017-present: Senior Researcher, Research and Teaching Fellow, National School of Public Health, Athens, Greece (now School of Public Health, Department of Public and Community Health, University of West Attica).
- 2018: Master of Public Health (MPH), University of Patras Medical School.
- 2019-present: Adjunct Professor, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- 2020-present: Senior Researcher, Data & Media Lab, University of Peloponnese, Greece. Research Interests Main research interests: smoking, tobacco harm reduction, cannabis use, electronic cigarettes, heated tobacco products, cardiology and cardiovascular imaging.
From recent tweets:
"Two articles with intentional defamation, two legal letters sent. Any further reproduction of this defamatory content with be accompanied by further legal action. Translations welcomed, my letters can be reproduced anywhere!"
"Journalists funded by Univ. of Bath (Bloomberg) have released an article with intentional defamation against me in Le Monde. Legal letter sent. I reserve my rights to initiate legal action against Le Monde AND the authors. Letter publicly available. https://tinyurl.com/yaf2lqvf"
It appears that the good doctors complaint surrounds the papers listed in the letter, as found at this link indeed reading the article, and comparing it to his work, well respected as far as can be found, there seems to be something fishy about this recent piece.
The article is long and rambling, though this may be because we are reading a machine translation. There may be lines to read between we are not able to see, but the seriousness of the allegations made is troubling!