Movies, Videos, Vlogs
From Safer nicotine wiki
Visual Media pertaining to potential benefits of Tobacco Harm Reduction, Nicotine, Quitting Smoking
Movies - Documentary
A Billion Lives
- A billion people projected to die. You'll be surprised who's keeping it that way. (English)
You Don't Know Nicotine
- Nicotine is one of the most-hated, misunderstood substances found in nature. With significant profits, taxes, and funds at stake, the waters are very muddy. We’ve made a commitment to our Kickstarter backers to cut through the noise and come back home from our journey with the truth.
- Available with a free 10 day trial on watchibex! Watch the film here (English)
- Movie review by: Minnesota Smoke Free Alliance (No spoilers)
- Movie review by: Michelle Minton - COMPETITIVE ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE (Spoiler alert)
- Movie review by: Vapolitical (Hints at spoiler w/o giving much away)
Our page Know nicotine where the trailer is available free!
Beyond The Cloud (2016)
- Beyond the cloud is a french documentary film about vaping (also known as electronic cigarettes), mainly seen through its social and political aspects. (English with French captioning)
Vape Life Documentary – EP1|EP2 (2014-2015)
Australia up in Smoke
The author is nuts but apparently the flick is ok (English)
VAPE WAVE - version FR
2021: Vaping Demystified
Yorkshire Cancer Research Through research and interviews with experts, we explore the truth about vaping and whether misconceptions are preventing us from reducing the largest preventable cause of cancer in Yorkshire.
Movies - Other
News / Investigative Journalism Videos
- It is projected that a billion people will die early this century from smoking-related illness. The lack of accurate information is now a primary cause of these deaths. Covers THR issues from around the world. (USA / English)
E-Cigarettes: Welcome Back, Big Tobacco – the fifth estate (2016)
- Five million Canadians still smoke. Could e-cigarettes help wean them over to a safer nicotine delivery device? (USA / English)
E-Cigarettes: Miracle or Menace? – Horizon: E-Cigarettes – BBC Two (2016)
- Michael Mosley investigates the rise in e-cigarette. (UK / english)
Public health expert worries e-cigarette panic is ruining "single biggest public health opportunity" in 120 years
- 2019 - CBS This Morning
- Public Health England describes e-cigarettes as "at least 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes" – a claim New York University professor David Abrams agrees with. Abrams tells "CBS This Morning" Tony Dokoupil why he's concerned about what the current panic about e-cigarette safety could mean for public health. (USA / English)
Public Health, Vaping, and More (Podcast)
- 2017 City Journal
- Aaron Renn, contributing editor at City Journal, is joined by fellow contributing editor, John Tierney, to talk about his article, “The Corruption of Public Health,” which appears in the Summer edition of City Journal. (USA / English)
Conferences and Seminars Videos
E-Cigarette Summit 2020 (Virtual)(Collection)
- Although Covid, Brexit and the US Presidential Election dominate our news media, there is a considerable amount of change happening in the public health, policy and regulatory environments related to tobacco, e-cigarettes and harm reduction, all of which will be explored in the virtual summit. **
- Learn More
Global Forum on Nicotine(Collection)
- Covers multiple years. The GFN is the only international conference to focus on the role of safer nicotine products that help people switch from smoking. (International / English)
The Global State of Tobacco Harm Reduction 2020: Burning Issues
- Over 5 hours. (long music intro) Mapping the availability and use of THR products and the regulatory efforts surrounding those products. (International / English)
Sommet de la vape 2019 in English
- The 3rd edition of the VAPE Summit was held on October 14, 2019 in Paris, organized by the Sovape association. Nearly twenty experts - scientists, public health researchers, health professionals, professionals in independant vaping sector, and users -, intervened on the challenges of vaping to promote harm reduction in the front of smoking.
THR Summit Spain(Collection)
- 2018 (International / English and Spanish)
Vapecon Switzerland 2018 - Conference part 1
- Conference about Vaping with Prof. Riccardo Polosa, Prof. Reto Auer, Prof. Konstantinos Farsalinos. (English)
Senator Rand Paul at HELP Hearing
- 2019 - USA
Senator Richard Burr of N.C. on Tobacco Harm Reduction and the need to allow Americans to choose
- 2014 - USA
County Commissioner Kristin Gaspar - The Real Vaping Danger
- 2019 (This is on Facebook)
- As a mother, a coach and an elected official, I absolutely support strong regulation to curb youth smoking and vaping. However, a county ban on vaping products sold in legitimate businesses is pointless. Our children are being targeted on their CELL PHONES! The real threat is what's being sold online, on social media apps and countless websites dedicated to vaping and THC products, some of which are coming from the black market. It's easy access! Parents, this is where the real danger lies.
4th Oral Evidence Session of the Science & Technology Committee inquiry into e-cigarettes, 24/04/18
Speeches by Politicians
Senator Richard Burr - Harm Reduction / vaping / youth / combustible tobacco / cannabis
- 2019 - USA
Representative Virginia Foxx - FDA Overreach Will Destroy Vaping Industry
- 2018 - USA
Videos - HnB Heat Not Burn
Videos - Nicotine - Therapeutic Uses
Nicotine therapeutics: therapeutic aspects of nicotine stimulation for brain disorders
- 2018 - Global Forum on Nicotine (International / English)
- Dr. Paul Newhouse
Videos - Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Videos - Snus
'EU for Snus'
- We are a campaign committed to giving everyone access to nicotine replacement products. (Europe / English)
Videos - THR - Tobacco Harm Reduction
Brad Rodu discusses tobacco harm reduction (2013)
- Shares what he has learned. Discusses various forms of THR, sources of funding, "tobacco shill". (USA and Sweden / English)
Ending Global Confusion
- It's time to end the deadly confusion.
Foundation for a Smoke-Free World (Collection)
- The Foundation for a Smoke-Free World (FSFW) is an independent, non-profit organization. FSFW was established in 2017 to accelerate global efforts to reduce health impacts and deaths from smoking, with the goal of eliminating smoking worldwide in this generation.
GSTHR - Global State of Tobacco Harm Reduction
- The GSTHR maps the global, regional and national availability and use of these products, regulatory responses to them, and the public health potential of tobacco harm reduction.
National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT)
- Here you can find a series of films about e-cigarettes, produced for the public in partnership with the New Nicotine Alliance and part-funded by Public Health England. This is the YouTube channel for the National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT). We also showcase some of the films that we've made to support our online training and assessment programme (program) for smoking cessation professionals. (UK / English)
Tobacco Harm Reduction in Africa
- The aim of this short film is to disseminate accurate information on tobacco harm reduction (Africa / English)
Videos - Vaping (Ecigs, ENDS, Ecigarettes)
Golden Oldies Capitol Tours (Collection)
- We're all about reducing the harms caused by smoking cigarettes. We're making videos to spread the word that there's more to the story than curious or rebellious teens. We're telling the world about harm reduction and saving lives! Grandmas and Grandpas matter. The world is a better place with our elders in it! (USA / English)
Accidental marketing of tobacco and vapor products to kids.
- 2019 Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- Children do what they see. We need to STOP accidently marketing adult only products to our kids! The unintended consequence is motivating more kids to break they law, when we start convincing them that every one is doing it.
Are E-Cigs the Market Solution that Can Save a Billion Lives?
- 2016 ReasonTV
- "This is a market solution to one of the biggest health crises we've ever seen in the history of the world," says Aaron Biebert, director of A Billion Lives, a documentary that makes the case that regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations are engaged in a campaign of misinformation against e-cigarettes. "It's disturbing to me that something that's working is being demonized." (USA / English)
Video: Can Flavors Help Smokers Quit?
- 2019 - Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- Do flavors help adults quit smoking? Is there "right" flavored products and "wrong" flavored products? Do we have the right to tell people they have to quit smoking using a method we approve of? (English)
- 2019 - Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- What's 95% safer than smoking and saving lives around the world? (English)
E-cigarette safety: the facts explained
- 2017 - NCSCTfilms (English)
E-Cigs and Joe Camel | Dr. Steven J. Allen
- 2016 - Capital Research Center
- Our government is using the same tactics to restrict e-cigs that they used for tobacco in the 90's, but what if one of the landmark accusations in regards to tobacco marketing actually wasn't true? (USA / English)
Facts about Vaping
- 2017 CASAA
- Millions of long-term smokers have developed diseases that have caused them to die early. It is well understood that these diseases are caused almost exclusively by inhaling smoke. Vapor products, commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, do not burn tobacco or any other material, and so do not produce the smoke that causes smoking related diseases. (USA / English)
Passive Vaping: A guide for parrots
- 2018 from NCSCTfilms
- This short animated film explores the headlines and the evidence on the health effects of secondhand vapour. This is the last in a series of films supported by Public Health England and produced in partnership with the New Nicotine Alliance.
Planet of the Vapes: why is there a war on e-cigarettes?
- 2015 - The movement to ban or hyper-regulate e-cigarettes seems less to do with people’s health than a concern to attack and control our lifestyle choices. In this fascinating debate filmed at the Battle of Ideas, speakers tell it like it is and Chris Snowden argues compellingly public health policy needs to be stubbed out. (English)
Smokefree ‘Health Harms’ – Impact of smoking vs vaping demonstration
- 2018 - Public Health England (English)
Stossel: Let Them Vape
- 2018 ReasonTV
- Vaping may not be safe, but it's a lot safer than cigarettes. (USA / English)
The Truth About Vaping(Collection)
- Myth busting some of the misconceptions about Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine. (USA / English)
Vaping: what people are getting wrong
- 2020 The Economist
- youth vaping “epidemic” and a mysterious outbreak of lung disease in America has led to curbs on e-cigarette flavours. A backlash against vaping is perpetuating myths about nicotine-based e-cigarette products that are not backed up by scientific research. (UK / English)
Vaporized: U.K. Government Promotes Vaping As Smoking Cessation Tool | CNBC Prime
- 2019 - CNBC Prine
What's Worse: Vaping or Smoking?
- 2017 PragerU
- Are e-cigarettes a safe alternative to cigarettes? Could they help millions of smokers quit smoking? If so, why would anti-tobacco activists oppose e-cigarettes? Get the truth about e-cigarettes in this short video. (USA / English)
Vlogs / Harm Reduction / General Interest / Podcasters
- I'm here to spread some good information about e-cigs and vaping, Nicotine and Tobacco Harm Reduction. Also does product reviews. (USA / English)
Matt from SMM
- Vaping, News, Advocacy, Tobacco Harm Reduction, Product Reviews (USA / English)
- Everyone has a story that should be heard. Everyone can learn something from those stories. News, views and thought provoking conversations. (Australia / English)
Rise and Vape Podcast
- News and advocacy. (USA / English)
Son of Liberty Radio
- News, advocacy, general conversation (can contain foul language). (USA / English)
- Vaping news and advocacy. (USA / English)
A Selection of good advocacy videos
- User contributed playlist
Playlist of vaping videos
- Click on the Media Category Link below for other resources.