Movies, Videos, Vlogs
Visual Media pertaining to potential benefits of Tobacco Harm Reduction, Nicotine, Quitting Smoking
- Offers the first in-depth study of the history underlying the current debate over electronic cigarettes
- Explores how the US, UK and Australia frame the long-term use of nicotine differently
- Offers new insights into the relationship between history, evidence and policy in public health
- This book is open access, which means that you have free and unlimited access (at link above)
- The book is endorsed by leading experts including Professors John Britton, Peter Hajek, Neal Benowitz, Riccardo Polosa, Hayden McRobbie, David Sweanor and Wayne Hall.
- Part 1 explains what vaping is and the scientific evidence that underpins it. Is it safer than smoking? What is popcorn lung? How harmful is nicotine? Is vaping an effective quitting aid?
- Part 2 is a practical guide to getting started with vaping. What device should you buy, how much nicotine do you need, what are mouth-to-lung vaping and ‘nicotine salts’ and how do you vape safely?
- Part 3 explores the controversies about vaping. Why is it opposed by many health and medical authorities? What are the hidden reasons underpinning their objections? How should vaping be regulated and what can we do to accelerate the uptake of vaping?
Direct link https://colinmendelsohn.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Stop-Smoking-Start-Vaping_low-res-ebook.pdf More info on the Dr Colin Mendelsohn page.
Movies - Documentary
- A billion people projected to die. You'll be surprised who's keeping it that way. (English)
- Nicotine is one of the most-hated, misunderstood substances found in nature. With significant profits, taxes, and funds at stake, the waters are very muddy. We’ve made a commitment to our Kickstarter backers to cut through the noise and come back home from our journey with the truth.
- Available with a free 10 day trial on watchibex! Watch the film here (English)
- Movie review by: Minnesota Smoke Free Alliance (No spoilers)
- Movie review by: Michelle Minton - COMPETITIVE ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE (Spoiler alert)
- Movie review by: Vapolitical (Hints at spoiler w/o giving much away)
Our page Know nicotine where the trailer is available free!
Beyond The Cloud (2016)
- Beyond the cloud is a french documentary film about vaping (also known as electronic cigarettes), mainly seen through its social and political aspects. (English with French captioning)
The author is nuts but apparently the flick is ok (English)
2021: Vaping Demystified
Yorkshire Cancer Research Through research and interviews with experts, we explore the truth about vaping and whether misconceptions are preventing us from reducing the largest preventable cause of cancer in Yorkshire.
Movies - Other
News / Investigative Journalism Videos
- It is projected that a billion people will die early this century from smoking-related illness. The lack of accurate information is now a primary cause of these deaths. Covers THR issues from around the world. (USA / English)
E-Cigarettes: Welcome Back, Big Tobacco – the fifth estate (2016)
- Five million Canadians still smoke. Could e-cigarettes help wean them over to a safer nicotine delivery device? (USA / English)
E-Cigarettes: Miracle or Menace? – Horizon: E-Cigarettes – BBC Two (2016)
- Michael Mosley investigates the rise in e-cigarette. (UK / english)
Public health expert worries e-cigarette panic is ruining "single biggest public health opportunity" in 120 years
- 2019 - CBS This Morning
- Public Health England describes e-cigarettes as "at least 95% less harmful than tobacco cigarettes" – a claim New York University professor David Abrams agrees with. Abrams tells "CBS This Morning" Tony Dokoupil why he's concerned about what the current panic about e-cigarette safety could mean for public health. (USA / English)
- 2017 City Journal
- Aaron Renn, contributing editor at City Journal, is joined by fellow contributing editor, John Tierney, to talk about his article, “The Corruption of Public Health,” which appears in the Summer edition of City Journal. (USA / English)
Conferences and Seminars Videos
- Although Covid, Brexit and the US Presidential Election dominate our news media, there is a considerable amount of change happening in the public health, policy and regulatory environments related to tobacco, e-cigarettes and harm reduction, all of which will be explored in the virtual summit. **
- Learn More
- Covers multiple years. The GFN is the only international conference to focus on the role of safer nicotine products that help people switch from smoking. (International / English)
- Over 5 hours. (long music intro) Mapping the availability and use of THR products and the regulatory efforts surrounding those products. (International / English)
- The 3rd edition of the VAPE Summit was held on October 14, 2019 in Paris, organized by the Sovape association. Nearly twenty experts - scientists, public health researchers, health professionals, professionals in independant vaping sector, and users -, intervened on the challenges of vaping to promote harm reduction in the front of smoking.
- 2018 (International / English and Spanish)
- Conference about Vaping with Prof. Riccardo Polosa, Prof. Reto Auer, Prof. Konstantinos Farsalinos. (English)
- 2019 - USA
- 2014 - USA
- 2019 (This is on Facebook)
- As a mother, a coach and an elected official, I absolutely support strong regulation to curb youth smoking and vaping. However, a county ban on vaping products sold in legitimate businesses is pointless. Our children are being targeted on their CELL PHONES! The real threat is what's being sold online, on social media apps and countless websites dedicated to vaping and THC products, some of which are coming from the black market. It's easy access! Parents, this is where the real danger lies.
Speeches by Politicians
- 2019 - USA
- 2018 - USA
Videos - HnB Heat Not Burn
Videos - Nicotine - Therapeutic Uses
- 2018 - Global Forum on Nicotine (International / English)
- Dr. Paul Newhouse
Videos - Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Videos - Snus
- We are a campaign committed to giving everyone access to nicotine replacement products. (Europe / English)
Videos - THR - Tobacco Harm Reduction
- Shares what he has learned. Discusses various forms of THR, sources of funding, "tobacco shill". (USA and Sweden / English)
- It's time to end the deadly confusion.
- The Foundation for a Smoke-Free World (FSFW) is an independent, non-profit organization. FSFW was established in 2017 to accelerate global efforts to reduce health impacts and deaths from smoking, with the goal of eliminating smoking worldwide in this generation.
- The GSTHR maps the global, regional and national availability and use of these products, regulatory responses to them, and the public health potential of tobacco harm reduction.
- Here you can find a series of films about e-cigarettes, produced for the public in partnership with the New Nicotine Alliance and part-funded by Public Health England. This is the YouTube channel for the National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT). We also showcase some of the films that we've made to support our online training and assessment programme (program) for smoking cessation professionals. (UK / English)
- The aim of this short film is to disseminate accurate information on tobacco harm reduction (Africa / English)
Videos - Vaping (Ecigs, ENDS, Ecigarettes)
- We're all about reducing the harms caused by smoking cigarettes. We're making videos to spread the word that there's more to the story than curious or rebellious teens. We're telling the world about harm reduction and saving lives! Grandmas and Grandpas matter. The world is a better place with our elders in it! (USA / English)
- 2019 Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- Children do what they see. We need to STOP accidently marketing adult only products to our kids! The unintended consequence is motivating more kids to break they law, when we start convincing them that every one is doing it.
- 2016 ReasonTV
- "This is a market solution to one of the biggest health crises we've ever seen in the history of the world," says Aaron Biebert, director of A Billion Lives, a documentary that makes the case that regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations are engaged in a campaign of misinformation against e-cigarettes. "It's disturbing to me that something that's working is being demonized." (USA / English)
- 2019 - Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- Do flavors help adults quit smoking? Is there "right" flavored products and "wrong" flavored products? Do we have the right to tell people they have to quit smoking using a method we approve of? (English)
- 2019 - Minnesota Smoke-Free Alliance
- What's 95% safer than smoking and saving lives around the world? (English)
- 2017 - NCSCTfilms (English)
- 2016 - Capital Research Center
- Our government is using the same tactics to restrict e-cigs that they used for tobacco in the 90's, but what if one of the landmark accusations in regards to tobacco marketing actually wasn't true? (USA / English)
- 2017 CASAA
- Millions of long-term smokers have developed diseases that have caused them to die early. It is well understood that these diseases are caused almost exclusively by inhaling smoke. Vapor products, commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, do not burn tobacco or any other material, and so do not produce the smoke that causes smoking related diseases. (USA / English)
- 2018 from NCSCTfilms
- This short animated film explores the headlines and the evidence on the health effects of secondhand vapour. This is the last in a series of films supported by Public Health England and produced in partnership with the New Nicotine Alliance.
- 2015 - The movement to ban or hyper-regulate e-cigarettes seems less to do with people’s health than a concern to attack and control our lifestyle choices. In this fascinating debate filmed at the Battle of Ideas, speakers tell it like it is and Chris Snowden argues compellingly public health policy needs to be stubbed out. (English)
- 2018 - Public Health England (English)
- 2018 ReasonTV
- Vaping may not be safe, but it's a lot safer than cigarettes. (USA / English)
- Myth busting some of the misconceptions about Electronic Cigarettes and Nicotine. (USA / English)
- 2020 The Economist
- youth vaping “epidemic” and a mysterious outbreak of lung disease in America has led to curbs on e-cigarette flavours. A backlash against vaping is perpetuating myths about nicotine-based e-cigarette products that are not backed up by scientific research. (UK / English)
- 2019 - CNBC Prine
- 2017 PragerU
- Are e-cigarettes a safe alternative to cigarettes? Could they help millions of smokers quit smoking? If so, why would anti-tobacco activists oppose e-cigarettes? Get the truth about e-cigarettes in this short video. (USA / English)
Vlogs / Harm Reduction / General Interest / Podcasters
- I'm here to spread some good information about e-cigs and vaping, Nicotine and Tobacco Harm Reduction. Also does product reviews. (USA / English)
- Vaping, News, Advocacy, Tobacco Harm Reduction, Product Reviews (USA / English)
- Everyone has a story that should be heard. Everyone can learn something from those stories. News, views and thought provoking conversations. (Australia / English)
- News and advocacy. (USA / English)
- News, advocacy, general conversation (can contain foul language). (USA / English)
- Vaping news and advocacy. (USA / English)
- User contributed playlist
- Click on the Media Category Link below for other resources.