From Safer nicotine wiki
- Among established, every day, exclusive tobacco product users, the geometric mean urinary NNAL concentration was
- highest for smokeless tobacco users (993.3 ng/g creatinine),
- followed by all types of combustible tobacco product users (285.4 ng/g creatinine),
- poly tobacco users (278.6 ng/g creatinine),
- and e-cigarette (ENDS) product users (6.3 ng/g creatinine).
- PDF Version
- Citation: Baoyun Xia, PhD, Benjamin C Blount, PhD, Tonya Guillot, MPH, Christina Brosius, MPH, Yao Li, BS, Dana M Van Bemmel, PhD MPH, Heather L Kimmel, PhD, Cindy M Chang, PhD MPH, Nicolette Borek, PhD, Kathryn C Edwards, PhD, Charlie Lawrence, PhD, Andrew Hyland, PhD, Maciej L Goniewicz, PhD PharmD, Brittany N Pine, BS, Yang Xia, PhD, John T Bernert, B Rey De Castro, ScD, John Lee, BS, Justin L Brown, MPH, Stephen Arnstein, MS, Diane Choi, BS, Erin L Wade, BS, Dorothy Hatsukami, PhD, Gladys Ervies, PhD, Angel Cobos, BS, Keegan Nicodemus, BS, Dana Freeman, BS, Stephen S Hecht, PhD, Kevin Conway, PhD, Lanqing Wang, PhD, Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines (NNAL, NNN, NAT, and NAB) Exposures in the US Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study Wave 1 (2013–2014), Nicotine & Tobacco Research, , ntaa110:10.1093/ntr/ntaa110
- Acknowledgements: This manuscript is supported with Federal funds from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, and the Center for Tobacco Products, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health and Human Services, under contract to Westat (contract nos. HHSN271201100027C and HHSN271201600001C) and through an interagency agreement between the FDA Center for Tobacco Products and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Keywords: creatinine, exposure, biological markers, nitrosamines, tobacco, urinary tract, electronic cigarettes, ENDS